your perfect dish! Ex: "Steak"
Cheddar Carmelized Onion & Roasted Chicken Sandwich
- Serves: 4-6
- 1/2 # Adams Reserve Cheddar, sliced
- 1 3 # chicken breast with bone
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion, julienne
- 1/4 C Mayonnaise
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 1 Sourdough Baguette
- 3 oz Arugula or other greens
Rub the chicken with the 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with thyme, pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bake at 375° in a roasting pan for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 155°. Let cool for 1 hour, discard the skin and bones and pull the meat into 2“ pieces.
In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the julienne onion and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Gently sauté until brown. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mustard. Cut the baguette in half long ways and toast in the broiler until golden. Spread the “dijonnaise” on both sides. Place the chicken onto the bottom slice, followed by the arugula, the caramelized onions, the cheese and the top of the bread. Let the sandwich set for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.